Sunday, December 31, 2006

Closing 2006 BLESSED & 2007 Resolutions

Today is the last day of 2006. I am so prepared to close this year, and I believe I've done so in a great way. I am old enough to know that I don't always get everything I want in the exact way I want it. However, my wish for the last day of each day is to spend the day..going into the new year..with the people I love. I didn't get everyone, because a big part of my family doesn't live in New York, but this is what I did get...

I was able to spend time with my father, Angie (my step mother), Tamara & Tyra (my younger sister's), Hunter (the "baby"), Jarice (my boyfriend), 3 best friends..Natasha, Ocean, Al, George (a special friend of mine), and God (I wasn't able to make it into the second service @ church which started @11am, but I was blessed to go to the evening service beginning @ 7:30pm. And, because I missed the second service, I was able to attend the evening service with my Natasha...blessings just continue!).

I realize that I already gave you an appraisal of 2006, but I'd like to share with you a lesson that I learned late in the year (Octoberish) that was reiterated in service today...

**YOU CAN EARN A LIVING ALL YOUR LIFE & NEVER HAVE LIVED!**

On Friday, October 13, 2006, the day I was set to leave for Atlanta, I woke up from a dream that I couldn't remember completely, but what I did recall was somewhere in my dream making the decision to make some REAL changes in my life and my direction. Throughout the trip I kept looking at people, regular passerbyer's, who were seemingly happy. I met a few people who were seemimgly stress free while on vacation. All I kept saying to myself and aloud was there is a way to work, make a living and still live your life. It was the shortest most fulfilling trip that I have ever taken anywhere. At that point I knew that I had to change my career, because it kept me from living and most importantly...it kept me from BEING! My new priority is to LIVE & LOVE...BUT ALWAYS LIVE!

My 2006 had to be one of those years for the books...but I believe I came out on top in ways I couldn't even begin to count.
I HAVE BEEN BLESSED OVER & OVER AGAIN!!

I have thought of making my 2007 New Year's Resolutions as I did last year for 2006, but when I look back on the list that hand wrote, I realized for the first month I did well, then I forgot all about the list.
So, for 2007, I'm changing the format of the typical resolutions list. This is my 2007 Resolutions........


2007 Resolutions

1) LIVE
2) LIVE
3) LIVE
4) LIVE
5) LI.....WELL, I THINK YOU GET THE POINT

I HAVE ONE RESOLUTION FOR 2007...... LIVE! I THINK I CAN REMEMBER THAT FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR. If by chance you see me falling off, drop me a line and I'll make adjustments. SEE YOU IN 2007!!!

1 Other Thoughts:

Natasha A. Pierre said...

I'm gonna make sure you...
LIVE
LIVE
LIVE
LIVE
LIVE
LIVE
LI...well you get the point.