Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 Appraisal

I would like to take a moment to pause and review 2006 in all it's splendor. Although NOTHING went according to plan...I have to really ask myself, "What did I plan for anyway?". Nothing!! Nothing was really "planned" per say, but, nothing went as I expected it to.

Relationships
2 Relationships ended, 1 Renewal :)

Transportation
2 car accidents (none of which I was in), 1 less car

"Vacations"
1 trip to Atlanta, 2 trips to Philly, 1 trip to North Carolina

Electronics
3 Ipods, 1 Mac Ibook G4, 2 Blackberry's, 4 Bluetooth earpieces

Health/Spirit
40 (approx) church services @ CCC, 1 dream analysis, 1 pshycic reading, 1 new psychologist, 1 new psychiatrist, 1 diagnosis of ADD/ADHD, 5 different medications (btw...this is something I'm very happy about, THEY WORK!!!)

Misc
1 tatoo, 1 Blog, MY FIRST WORK FREE BIRTHDAY, CHRISTMAS, & NEW YEAR IN 12 YEARS(YAY!!!), 37 books read, 1 self cooked meal, 1 performance by Ocean, 1 bubble bath drawn for me, 7 massages (not given by my bf), 1 lost Tiffany's bracelet (still aching over that one), 1 pregnant sister (YAY!!!), 1 career change, 1 enrollment in Real Estate Appraisal courses, 4 new friends

This appraisal was created off of the top of my head. I am so sure that if I took time, and wrote it all out, this list would be ALOT longer. Some things listed are minor, but they stand out in my head. What I would like to direct you to is the section of the appraisal that is titled "Health/Spirit". I'm getting very personal...but I wanted you to take note of this section because it's MAJOR!

A few months ago I was diagnosed with adult ADD/ADHD. If you do not know what it means, please take a moment to google it. This diagnosis/medication has made changes in me that people close to me, including myself, can see clearly and be shocked. I am a different Amber than I have been for the last 27 years.
This diagnosis is so important to me that I have created a seperate blog just for this subject. In this, I will be going through, in detail, my experiences in my past & present moments, the decision to seek help, the process, diagnosis, different medications, and the affects of my change in lifestyle.

As you can see, I'm still being processed. But, I am truly blessed to be allowed the life TO process it all.

0 Other Thoughts: